The Lagos State Ministry of Health on March 17, 2020 confirmed a new case of the deadly COVID-19 disease in Lagos, Nigeria.
The Lagos State Ministry in a tweet on its official Twitter handle said the patient is an independent case not connected with the index case.
“The carrier, a 30-year-old Nigerian female who returned from the United Kingdom on Friday, 13 March 2020, observed self-isolation, developed symptoms and has been tested positive.
She is now receiving care in Mainland General Hospital.
A tweet from the verified Twitter account of the Lagos State Ministry of Health has confirmed the case,” the tweet read.
Third case of #COVID19NIGERIA confirmed in Lagos.
– This is a new case independent of the index case
– 30 year old Nigerian, female
– Returned from the UK on 13th March
– Observed self-Isolation, developed symptoms
– Tested positive
– Now at Mainland GH receiving care pic.twitter.com/f8osZk4Ba4
— LSMOH (@LSMOH) March 17, 2020